Time Management, Marketing and Execution - Run Your Cleaning Business Like a Swiss Watch

Running a successful cleaning business, well it's not easy, take it from me, I have been doing it for 27-years. The trick is time management, but where does one go to learn how to manage, market and run a cleaning business? It is not as if they teach it in school. Being an entrepreneur in the service industry requires skills far greater than a college degree.

You have to be a master at managing, marketing, efficiency, scheduling, planning and you must focus. Easier said than done, perhaps what you need is a really good coach, a mentor, someone who gets it and can help you thru the maze of regulations and traps of self-employed. Most cleaning entrepreneurs have to start from scratch, a seemingly daunting task, but if you have the right help, you can avoid the pitfalls and mistakes that cause most small businesses of this type to go bankrupt.

"Running a successful cleaning business takes an extraordinary amount of time to plan, create, and implement the systems."

States Scott F. Rendall, CEO and President of the Cleaning Mentor - and that is before you even do the work or run the daily business operations.

Truly, I certainly wish I had, had the wisdom and mentorship of the Cleaning Mentor when I started my company. I can tell you this, I probably made every single mistake someone could make in the cleaning business, and it took me a whole lot longer to succeed than it should have.

Looking back now, I would have to advise anyone starting out in the cleaning business to seek professional assistance and find a mentor and coach that you can work with, one who will help you thru the minefields as you grow your company. Nothing good in life is ever easy, certainly running your own company isn't, but why make it any tougher than you have to? Well, that is certainly something to contemplate in 2008.